The Germany Experience is a podcast that is focused on experiences and stories of Germany as told by foreigners. It is not intended to provide help or resources for expats in Germany. But here is a list of other resources, many that do just that! This page lists other sites and resources that might be interesting for you as an outsider in Germany. It’s a living, breathing list, so I will update it over time.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the information or content provided on any of these pages! I am also in no way affiliated with any of these sites or resources.
Guides for Moving to and Living in Germany
- Expatica Germany – A comprehensive guide to life in Germany, including blog posts, an “About Germany” section, information about moving to Germany, forums, and much, much more.
- How To Germany – Pretty much what it says on the tin. You’ll find a lot of information here, from getting married in Germany through to sports in Germany.
- Expat Focus Germany – Another guide to life in Germany, with expat profiles.
- IamExpat – Great collection of blogs, resources, and news stories.
- Live Work Germany – Help for moving to Germany and the culture here.
German News in English
- Deutsche Welle – Top German and international news stories in English.
- The Local – News stories and blog posts in English (some of the content requires a paid subscription).
- Spiegel International – News analysis in English.
- Antoinette Emily – New Zealander living in Germany.
- Rewboss – Covering Germany’s culture, quirks and history.
- Diana Verry – Your guide to life in Germany.
- Wanted Adventure – Videos about personal experiences in Germany, and cultural differences between Germany and USA.
- Lils Around – Italian vlogger living in Hamburg, Germany (in Italian).
- Montana Showalter – Vlogger who was previously an exchange student in Germany.
- The Expat Cast – Hosted by Nicole from USA
- The Expat Experience – Hosted by Amy from Canada
- Geopats – Hosted by Steph Fuccio from USA
- Diasporacast – Podcast in Romanian
Communities and Forums for Expats
- Toytown Germany – An English language community website for Germany.
- Internations Germany – Community for expats in Germany. Some features require a paid subscription.